Monday, August 3, 2009

Big head at the monkey exhibit







We went to the zoo last week. It was a really good day. I went armed with the stroller, backpack filled with water, snacks, wetwipes, money. I was prepared. We had purchased the yearly pass last time we were there because with 2 adults and 4 kids it was nearly the same price. So, this time, I sailed through the pass holder's line with AJ in the stroller and packpack on my shoulders.

We saw the "scawy tigers", the lions, the penguins, etc. We stood in line to touch the starfish. We paid 75 cents each to pet the sting rays. They were very fun and Danielle was especially thrilled.

It was while Danielle was getting a free pink starfish painted on her cheek that AJ started screaming. I mean like crowd gathering screams. We were watching the monkeys waiting for Danielle and my sweet little man with the big melon gets his mongo head stuck between the wooden arm rail and the metal railing beneath. I have no idea how he managed to squeeze his head into that spot. My 12 year old thought that I remained quite calm. AJ's mouth was on the metal railing, so I was able to have him open it a little more and turn his head just right and, pop, out came his head. I cuddled him on my lap and he quit crying.

Danielle returns and mentions that some moms were talking about a poor little boy who got his head stuck in the railing. I said, Well, that was your brother. And AJ says "head stuck at the monkeys." I couldn't help but laugh at our perfect day at the zoo. Life is never boring for the Palmers.

No comments: